Abstract and biographical note
Please keep the length of your abstract to 2,000 characters incl. spaces and your biographical note to 500 characters incl. spaces.
A Conference Program Guide with presenter information and abstracts will be published and distributed to all delegates of the Conference. To ensure that we can publish this on time, please submit a biographical note on the speaker and final abstract to us on or before April 6, 2018. Further information will be given when abstract is accepted.
If your abstract is accepted by the IATUL Program Committee, please follow these guidelines when submitting the full paper. Your paper will be reviewed as a part of the paper submission process. Authors are responsible for the grammar of their papers.
- Paper must be submitted in MS-Word-compatible format.
- Paper must be written in English.
- The paper length should not exceed 4,000 words incl. spaces (approx. 10 A4 pages).
- Paper is to be typed single spaced using Arial font size 10 points.
- Pages are to have 25 mm margins (top and bottom) and 30 mm (left and right).
- Do not number the pages.
- Do not use headers or footers.
The title of the paper is to be typed in Uppercase Letters (boldface 16 pt) and centered on the page. The author’s name in bold letters and centered on the page. Directly under the author’s name and also centered is the author’s affiliation institution and country, plus email address in Arial font size 10 points.
Underneath the paper title section, please type the heading “Abstract” and insert the text of the abstract which summarizes the material contained in the paper. Keywords are to be placed after the abstract.
Figures and tables
Figures and tables are to be inserted at the appropriate place in the text, centered, numbered consecutively throughout the text, and each should have a caption underneath. Care should be taken that the lettering is not too small. The use of colour in figures and tables is permitted and encouraged.
All acronyms are to be defined the first time they appear.
The acknowledgement for funding organizations etc., are to be placed in a separate section at the end of the text.
Authors are requested to use the APA referencing style. The list of references must be ordered alphabetically according to the first author surname. All references are to be cited in the text, and using square brackets.
Posters are informal presentations featuring solutions to problems and innovative projects with lessons for the academic and research library community. Your topic can be described using text, graphics, photographs, illustrations, etc. Please follow these instructions:
- Posters must be written in English.
- The best configuration of your poster is A1 vertical (841mm x 594mm).
- Authors of accepted posters must attend the conference for the poster to be displayed and presented.
- Posters will be displayed in a designated space at the conference venue. Display panels will be provided. Please bring your printed poster as we are unable to provide printing service.
- A final abstract for the poster as well as your biographical note will be published in the Conference program and on the IATUL conference website.
Power Point presentations
All presentations must be brought to the Conference on USB flash drive and emailed prior to the conference opening to: email@example.com
The IATUL Conference cannot guarantee connection for individual laptop computers. A technician will be on duty to assist you.
Should your presentation have special technical requirements, please inform us on time: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Naming of your files
Please name your files as listed below:
- Final accepted abstract: Authors name_Short title_abstract
- Full-text paper: Authors name_Short title_paper
- Presentation: Authors name_Short title_presentation
- Poster: Authors name_Short title_poster
Please mark the final version of your files with the suffix FINAL.
IATUL’s copyright policy
IATUL, in line with open access principles, does not claim shared copyright with the author, only a non-exclusive right to publish. IATUL may publish both the abstract and the full-text of the paper online. IATUL may also disseminate or license the content of the paper to appropriate third parties. With the online submission of your abstract, you agree to the copyright terms stated on the conference website.
Deadlines for submission
- The submission is now closed.
- Notifying of acceptance: March 16, 2018
- Submission of final abstract and biographical note ready for publication on the website: April 6, 2018
- Submission of full-text paper for conference proceedings: May 18, 2018
All submissions should be submitted online via the conference website.
Please create an account for your submission and follow the instructions on the website. The online submission will open on December 15, 2017.
Thank you for your cooperation in complying with these instructions.